At the Technology Park the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship enables techno-driven businesses to thrive and prosper in dynamic and supportive environments. These fast evolving precincts encourage and support the development of emerging and existing technology oriented enterprises.
Fifty-nine enterprises use the Tech Parks, including; IBM, Ernst &Young, Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority, Primary Health Care, Fiona Elsey Cancer Research, WIN Network, Grampians Health, and Southern Cross Austereo.
The Parks ideal locations provide great lifestyle opportunities as well as having the convenience of being close to Melbourne and major regional cities.
Technology Park Facts
- Established in 1995, the Federation University Technology Parks currently host - 2,200 private sector employees across 59 enterprises.
- The sites are located in MT Helen, Ballarat CBD, Churchill and Morwell
- 1:1 jobs generator
- $100 million in capital assets
- 30,000m2 across ten core buildings
- $700.5 million per annum in industry value added to Australia
- $476.1 million per annum in industry value added to local Ballarat LGA
- 2,200 FTE direct postions at Federation University Technology Parks
4,712 in FTE employment added to Australia nationally
3,766 in FTE employment added to local Ballarat LGA
Largest regional Technology Park in Australia
From the Executive Director
The Federation University Technology Parks continues to thrive and prosper and make a very significant contribution to the regional economy.
The immediate goals of Federation University Technology Parks are to:
- Establish another two major national and/or international brands within the Park
- Focus on business diversification, building on information and communication technology and extending into bio medical and energy technologies
- Continue to build the state and national profile of the Park
- Increase the local workforce in the Park to 1,500 + people
Executive Director, Commercial Assets Program