Technology Park Management
The Executive Director's Perspective
The Ballarat Technology Parks (BTP) continued to thrive and prosper and make a very significant contribution to the regional economy.
A report commissioned by Federation University indicated that the economic impact of the Technology Park to be $300 million, with $100 million contributed in wages and salaries. The BTP provides approximately 700 full-time jobs to Ballarat's economy equal to almost five percent of the total full-time employment in the City.
The immediate goals of the BTP are to:
- Redevelop the Flecknoe Building, Ballarat, in preparation for commercial leasing
- Establish another two major national and/or international brands within the Park
- Focus on business diversification, building on information and communication technology and extending into bio medical and energy technologies
- Continue to build the state and national profile of the Park
- Increase the local workforce in the Park to 1,500+ people
Jeff Pulford Executive Director, Ballarat Technology Park
Vision of Technology Park:
To be recognised nationally and internationally as Australia’s leading regional Technology Park, characterised by a diversity of ICT and related technologies, operating within a dynamic innovation and enterprise development culture.
Mission of Technology Park:
To provide an environment where business enterprise and innovation are valued, fostered and championed through the provision of high quality facilities. In addition, where technology-based partnerships can be forged for the ongoing benefit of business, the University and the region.
The vision and mission are pursued through the following objectives:
- The promotion and application of a strong ‘business incubation’ environment
- The identification and attraction of businesses associated with new and emerging technologies
- The involvement and engagement of the educational and research capability of Federation University with tenants of the Technology Parks
- To be a ‘champion’ of economic development, with a focus on job creation and industry innovation
- The professional and proactive marketing of the Technology Park, nationally and internationally