At the Technology Park the spirit of innovation and entrepreneurship enables techno-driven businesses to thrive and prosper in dynamic and supportive environments. These fast evolving precincts encourage and support the development of emerging and existing technology oriented enterprises.
Fourty plus enterprises use the Tech Parks, including; IBM, Emergency Services Telecommunications Authority, Primary Health Care, Fiona Elsey Cancer Research and Southern Cross Austereo.
The Parks ideal locations provide great lifestyle opportunities as well as having the convenience of being close to Melbourne and major regional cities.
The Tech Parks have been successfully supporting and fostering industry, innovation and job creation since 1995.
From the Executive Director
The Ballarat Technology Park (BTP) continues to thrive and prosper and make a very significant contribution to the regional economy.
A report commissioned by Federation University Australia indicated that the economic impact of the Technology Park to be $300 million, with $100 million contributed in wages and salaries.
BTP provides approximately 1400 full-time jobs to Ballarat's economy equal to almost five percent of the total full-time employment in the City.
The immediate goals of BTP are to:
- Redevelop the Flecknoe Building, Ballarat, in preparation for commercial leasing
- Establish another two major national and/or international brands within the Park
- Focus on business diversification, building on information and communication technology and extending into bio medical and energy technologies
- Continue to build the state and national profile of the Park
- Increase the local workforce in the Park to 1,500 + people
Executive Director, Ballarat Technology Park